William,
Yes, that's my understanding. Outback acknowledged this to me years ago.
Allan

Allan Sindelar
al...@positiveenergysolar.com
NABCEP Certified Photovoltaic Installer
NABCEP Certified Technical Sales Professional
New Mexico EE98J Journeyman Electrician
Founder and Chief Technology Officer
Positive Energy, Inc.
3209 Richards Lane (note new address)
Santa Fe, New Mexico 87507
505 424-1112
www.positiveenergysolar.com

On 1/29/2013 9:28 PM, William Miller wrote:
Allan:

Could it be that the SW systems are protecting the generator with Generator Support, and the Outback inverters are not?

William Miller