Greetings wrenches,

I'm sure many of you have seen this article in the New York Times: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/29/business/energy-environment/solar-powers-dark-side.html?hp&_r=1&;

I have already gotten an email from a panicked client asking about canceling his project.

First question: Has anybody dealt with defective modules lately, and if so, what brands? Second question: How much does this affect first-tier manufacturers (Trina, Suntech, Yingli...) and how much of this is "no-name" brands? Third question: Is this restricted to a particular technology such as thin film?

And the big question: How do we deal with this? I can imagine the fossil fuel and nuclear industries promoting this story with enthusiasm.

Thanks,

Hilton

--
Hilton Dier III