I would not trust adhesive on the backs of panels for decades. This would be especially a concern with tiltups or ground mounts where there is more wind loading.
When mounting some frameless BP modules I made some 4-inch long edge moldings of slotted hard foam called SeaFoam that is sold (but not manufactured) by Tap Plastics.
Then they were compatible with standard bolt-down edge-  and mid-clamps.
Don Barch
Energy Solar