One thing we find is asking who our supplier is shipping on we find Fed Ex very
careful & willing to admit damages & also process claims quickly. Conway "We
never damage anything" we don't use ABF..... always broken freight.
Overnight/UPS is questionable. Self insuring trucking companies will always
deny damaging freight. We also AVOID like the plauge "interline carriers" again
check w/ fed x.
We have our truck freight delivered to a trucking terminal, while this can
create problems w/ our relationship IF there is damage,  they are instructed to
ALWAYS sign "possible concealed damage" or if things really look bad refuse
them outright  & then I will review.