Jason,

There's probably something akin to Magnuson-Moss warranty law that prevents
them from voiding the warranty unless they have evidence that your
"modification" caused the failure. I change and even remove connectors all the
time (only when I am working with under 50 volts and in a mobile environment).
Also, we are still doing Kyocera warranty replacements for the KC-120 modules.
I have seen some pretty trashed modules come in but Kyocera still replaces them
without question.

Larry