Me again,

Maybe that was confusing.  Just to clarify this question, I will break it down
as follows:
What qualifications do you need to legally work on electrical systems in your
country/state?
Is the circuit voltage a factor, and if there is a different rule for ELV
systems, then how is ELV defined?
What other factors are applicable such as status (homeowner, installer,
paid/unpaid) and location (inside home, wet location, etc)?
Thanks for any observations.

Hugh