New Mexico used to have a low voltage electrician. It was for communications guys, and was limited to under 50 v. Actually pretty useless, since most systems had inverters. Also it wasn't that much harder to just get a regular electrical license. Also, some considered even 24 v systems to be over 50 v, since the Voc in cold weather could exceed 50v. Generally, for maintenance/ battery replacement on off grid stuff, no one worries about it. If you are doing new construction, pulling permits, then you need to have much more than just the license.
Insurance, bonding, worker's comp, etc. are also all required.

R.Ray Walters
CTO, Solarray, Inc
Nabcep Certified PV Installer,
Licensed Master Electrician