My outback GVFX's are protected. When a short is applied to the aux leads,
it will remove voltage from the leads, and reset after a short while. Ive
also tried this with relays that presented too low a coil resistance, and
it tripped, but always reset on its own, at least in my case.

RoyR

On Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 7:01 PM, William Miller <will...@millersolar.com>
wrote:

> Jay:
>

> I suspect shorting the Aux leads will kill an FX inverter.  We traced the
> Aux PCB traces to the scorch marks on the control board, so it seemed
> pretty clear we had tested the scenario.
>

> William
>

> [image: Gradient Cap_mini]
> Lic 773985
> millersolar.com <http://www.millersolar.com/>
> 805-438-5600

Roy Rakobitsch
NABCEP Certified Small Wind Installer®
NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer®
NYSERDA eligible Small Wind installer
Certified Advanced Tower Climbing, Safety & Rescue
Wind/PV Design Engineer
Windsine LLC
631-514-4166
www.windsine.org

information that may be privileged, confidential or copyrighted under
formally notified that any use, copying or distribution of this e-mail, in
whole or in part, is strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender by
and conspicuously designated as "E-Contract Intended", this e-mail does not
constitute a contract offer, a contract amendment, or an acceptance of a
contract offer. This e-mail does not constitute a consent to the use of
sender's contact information for direct marketing purposes or for transfers
of data to third parties.