Hello Howie,

I attached it to my email on 9-24-2015. In brief, a HV relay disconnects the PV
array and optional relay disconnects the battery. Midnite plans to add the arc
fault Aux feature. Here it is again:

I asked Midnite about using the Aux circuit for control for ground or arc
faults. They said this will (should) be added on the next firmware update. This
means if an arc fault is detected, the Classic will shut down AND conductors
leaving the array would be de-energized by switching off the HV relay. All
automatically. A second relay could be connected to the battery for total
system shutdown. Should be easy to build a circuit to re-energize everything
after a fault.

Wouldn't this automatic method be better than waiting for someone to throw a
switch to shut things down? You would have to run the low voltage control wire
and perhaps put the relays in an enclosure. A disconnect switch could be in
series for manual shutdown. What am I missing?