Our utility wanted to add a new capacity and demand charge to all solar
customers' bills. And the new California Public Utilities Commission
decision on net metering included a mandate for new solar installs to join
Time of Use pricing by 2019. This seems to be the trend that many grid
connected PV installers are going to have to adapt to. While this version of
Aquion may not handle surges, we might all benefit by adapting demand side
hardware like the Energy Sentry
http://energysentry.com/PP-residential-controllers.php to change the shapes
and timing of our loads. Whether on or off grid, this might be a value-added
product we could offer our customers and possibly make new batteries more
compatible.

Bill Dorsett

Manhattan, KS  66502