Hi Dan and Wrenches,

Kirk Bailey asked me to submit this on his behalf.

One option for PV-direct air/water heating controllers is CyboEnergy (www.cyboenergy.com).  They have inverter/controllers for either off-grid air/water heating (CI-Mini-1200H series), or hybrid on/off grid units (CIM-1200A/H).  Both have per-module MPPT inputs.

Cheers,

Kirk Bailey, Abundant Solar, LLC.