So an AC disconnect in the inverter output between the inverter and panel or
utility disconnect if required doesn't work for him or her? The locking
provision is always in place on a standard AC disconnect.

Jesse Dahl

NABCEP PV Installation Professional
IBEW Local 292 - Electrician
Electrical/Solar PV Instructor - HCC