Hi Allan,

I would try turning off string #3 and see what happens to the vmp.
I'm guessing it'll go up to a more normal voltage.

I just had a very similar experience, also BP modules, very brown.
2 sets of 4 billion n series to a 12v system. One set was totally dragging down
the VMP, I disconnected it, all normal.  I tested voc of all modules after they
were replaced,(190 watt 72 cell) customer wanted more watts, and all were
normal and the same. I didn't spent the time to do a ISC.

Replacement is my thought.

Jay
Peltz power.