I am changing out an off-grid AC coupled SMA SB3000TL inverter tied to a
dual stack VFX3648 system with a Mate (original - not Mate3) and an FNDC,
making into a DC coupled array.  It was set up as AC coupled originally
because of the distance the array was from the system (about 500 feet) and
high voltagecharge controllers were not available at the time.  Now that
there are several options, we want to change it because the charging setup
is less than adequate.  My first choice is to use an Outback FM100, only
because it keeps all the equipment tied together, although I'm not a big
fan of Outback these days. What are folks experience with the FM100? And
apparently it needs a Mate3 (not the Mate) in order to program and read it,
true?  Otherwise I will probably go with either a Midnite 250 SL or a
Schneider XW80-600.
TIA,
Howie Michaelson
Sun Catcher