I had a similar issue with an On an off grid genny earlier this year. The
customer had a local On an tech come out and they replaced the voltage
regulator board and cleared up the issue.They also said these regulator boards
for the older gennies were getting hard to find, so just another thing for a
customer to consider.GlennSent from my 'smart' phone so please excuse spelling
and typos.------ Original message------From: Kirk HeranderDate: Thu, Nov 8,
2018 4:17 PMTo: re-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org;Cc: Subject:[RE-wrenches]
Kohler generator 1/2 voltageHello,
I got called in to debug an old off grid system with a Kohler 8.5 RES
generator. Across L1-L2 is 120vac. From both L1 & L2 to common gnd/neutral is
60v. I verified the windings are connected for 120/240 operation(in series with
center tap for G/N). These voltages are the same on the genny side of its
breaker when turned off (no inverter connection). I am having trouble
envisioning a scenario of mis-wiring if indeed each one of the windings is
producing 120 VAC. Seems odd to me that a bad regulator would cause this, but
who knows. Alternator? Ideas? Thanks.

Kirk Herander, VT Solar, LLC

List Address: RE-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org

List rules & etiquette: