From: RE-wrenches <re-wrenches-boun...@lists.re-wrenches.org> On Behalf Of Kirk
Herander
Sent: Thursday, November 08, 2018 12:20 PM
To: re-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org
Subject: [RE-wrenches] Kohler generator 1/2 voltage

Hello,
I got called in to debug an old off grid system with a Kohler 8.5 RES
generator. Across L1-L2 is 120vac. From both L1 & L2 to common gnd/neutral is
60v. I verified the windings are connected for 120/240 operation(in series with
center tap for G/N). These voltages are the same on the genny side of its
breaker when turned off (no inverter connection). I am having trouble
envisioning a scenario of mis-wiring if indeed each one of the windings is
producing 120 VAC. Seems odd to me that a bad regulator would cause this, but
who knows. Alternator? Ideas? Thanks.

Kirk Herander, VT Solar, LLC

List Address: RE-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org

List rules & etiquette: