We are working with Turning Point Foundation a 501(c)3 to provide off-grid
power for their River Haven project which is providing transitional housing for
homeless folks in the Ventura CA area.

The site is truly off-grid and currently uses propane to power three
refrigerators and cook stoves. There is no space heating for the single
occupancy rooms as of yet. But that’s another problem.

We are looking to specify DC refrigerators and PV-powered battery storage for
the River Haven project. We are looking at the Goal Zero Yeti-3000 system (3000
Whr, 500 full discharge cycles, to 80% residual capacity) at a sale price of
$2,400 but are finding the extra cost of their PV modules quite steep. And
looking at other 36-cell (12 volt) modules, I can’t find anything for less than
$1.10/W.

Since Goal Zero is looking at the recreational market, I thought that there
might be other companies with comparable product offerings that are focusing on
other markets like developing countries.

Any advice would be appreciated and you may contact us off-line.

Peter T. Parrish
SolarGnosis
1107 Fair Oaks Ave. Ste. 351
South Pasadena, CA 91030