Nick,

This tool is ridiculously expensive. Enphase should really look into
alternatives. If you noticed, Wrenches were recommending other brands and I
know many installers use cheap MC4 crimpers pickup up on Amazon. In fact, I
have never known another installer near me using an MC brand tool since the
early days when that is all that really existed. I wouldn't call it a
prohibitively expense, but when one tool makes up over 25% of a truck's
core tool box cost, something is wrong. Maybe I'm missing something and
these other tools use dies that are acceptable, but it sounds like we are
being forced into a single source/brand tool.

Jason Szumlanski