Hello, the generator transfer switches work as you request, however the
ones that I have used require the generator start battery 12-volt
connection to pull the transfer switch.   You may have to provide a 12-volt
source to accomplish this transfer.  The last ones I used were from Eaton,
Generac, and others, all using a 12-volt to activate the transfer