Using Optics, can you equate the voltage sag/ gen start command with a
particular load?  Or is the voltage dropping quite evenly over the course
of the night?  They could actually be degraded if there is no indication of
a sudden load/ voltage drop. A simple load test when on site can also help
you replicate and/or get a better picture of whats going on.

Roy Rakobitsch
NABCEP Certified Small Wind Installer®
Certified Advanced Tower Climbing, Safety & Rescue
Wind/PV Design Engineer
Windsine LLC
631-514-4166
www.windsine.org