The risk may be worth it if the battery is inexpensive.

 I have a client who has a neighbor who had to leave his home in Canada
for a funeral. Things snowballed and the road washed out. He could not get
home for a week and lost his well over 10K LFP battery. The battery logged
the temp and warranty was void.

I would want to see data over time before I used a battery that depended
on the BMS for temp control. The other thing would be a company large
enough to handle warranty if things got bad.

The successful offgrid home people in cold climates are instructed by me
to turn off the battery when they leave home and use a LA battery while
they are gone.

Dave Angelini Offgrid Solar
"we go where powerlines don't"
http://members.sti.net/offgridsolar/