Hi Jay,

We sold/installed flexible modules from various manufacturers for about 5
years. When permanently installed, most have a fast degradation of the PET
encapsulate leading to blotching, peeling, cracking and pitting. The weight
savings is significant and may be worth using for some as long as you don’t
expect the longevity of a framed, glass module. Customers using them
occasionally as a portable module are experiencing long life.

Larry Crutcher
Starlight Solar Power Systems