I’ve used Blue Ion and Fortress eVault 18.5 with the Radian and both have
worked well. Blue Ion’s BMU and egauge are very sophisticated and has 5
years on Fortress’s 10 year warranty. Fortress is a great value but its
batteries are integrated into the cabinet and not modular like the Blue Ion
and weighs nearly 500 lbs per. Makes moving them tricky, especially if you
are up against stairs.

On Fri, Mar 20, 2020 at 4:00 PM David Katz <dk...@backwoodssolar.com> wrote:

> Hello Wrenches,
> I am working with some people that want to use a 20 kw-hour to 30 kw-hour
> 48 volt lithium-ion battery with an Outback Radian and Outback FM charge
> controllers.
> They are considering using Discover, Blue-Ion, Battle Born or SimpliPhi
> batteries.
> Does any one have any recommendations of which battery functions best with
> the Outback system.
> Thanks,
> David Katz
>
> List Address: RE-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org