Wrenches, Kirk
As it was told to me, commercial under contract in 19 is good for 19, no
contract then no good and resi well that is a slippery slope and I always
tell my customer to talk to their accountant as they are the ones being
paid and signing off on the taxes.
Your customer needs to verify with his guy on what can be done and not you,
that is unless you are a licensed tax service provider.