Cory

I tried a railless S-5 system on a metal roof and will never do it again!
Looks great and very professional.  The clearance under the modules is a
real problem for wire management  and I had to switch out a bad
microinverter and it was really difficult compared to have a rails.  Had to
disconnect all adjoining modules from the S-5 which allowed things to shift
a bit making replacement an absolute pain in the butt.  It was a steep roof
too which added to the hassle....bad choice for my first try ,but it was a
triagular array shape due to shading issue sand dormer locations.  That was
why I opted for railess, since the cutting of rails would have been very
time consuming.

Bill

Bill Hoffer PE
NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installerâ„¢
Sunergy Engineering Services PLLC
420 SE Wyers St ,# 1823.
P.O. Box 1823
White Salmon, WA 98672
bhof...@sunergyengineeringservices.com Cell:(509)679-6165

On Sun, May 17, 2020 at 1:55 PM Corey Shalanski <coreso...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am wondering if anyone on the List has significant experience installing
> rail-less racking systems (Quick Mount PV Quick Rack, Roof Tech E Mount
> AIR, SnapNrack RL Universal, etc.) and can speak to the pros and cons
> versus rail-based systems?
> Also wondering if anyone has strong opinions regarding the lesser air gap
> below modules with rail-less systems and how much, if at all, that might
> affect production? *bonus points awarded for providing quantitative data
>
> --
> Corey Shalanski
> Jah Light Solar
> Portland, Jamaica