1.  In addition, there's a conflict of signal words for
NEC 110.21(B) Field-Applied Hazard Markings."Where caution, warning, or
danger signs or labels are required by this Code, the labels shall meet the
following requirements ..."  In other words, one signal word is DANGER and
the other signal word is WARNING.  Simply, DANGER *will* result in ... and
WARNING *could* result in ...

2.  Specifically, in NEC 2020 690.31(D)(2) the signal word of WARNING" was
*removed* and does not now appear to conflict?  In California, 2017
NEC/2019 CEC 690.31(G)(3) still has the WARNING signal word.  By the way,
NEC 392.18(H) refers to 110.21(B).

BTW, more information ANSI Z535 is found here:
https://webstore.ansi.org/standards/nema/ansiz5352011r2017-1668874

All the best,

Martin Herzfeld, Interstate Renewable Energy Council (IREC) Certified
Master Trainer ™ for Photovoltaics (PV) Installation Professional #IREC
10037
Contract Training Provider (CTP)
Adjunct Professor, Energy - Since 2016

California Solar & Electrical Contractor License  #00833782  C46, C10, D56,
D31, C-7 - Since 2004
Solar, Electrical, Trenching, Pole Installation & Maintenance,
Instrumentation

Contract Solar (PV) Technical Inspector - 3rd Party Inspections
Underwriters Laboratories (UL) Certified PV Installer #17, OSHA 30
OSHA-Authorized Construction Trainer #32-0105338
CompTIA Certified Technical Classroom Trainer (CTT+) #T3NSZCNBBKB4QTQG

* Professional Member, International Association of Electrical Inspectors
#7035507 - Since 2006
* Accredited and Registered North American Board of Certified Energy
Practitioners (NABCEP) Continuing Education (CE) Training Provider