Little Nerd Family, that's great.  Back on Topic:  I'm also in the midst of trying to care for a Sunny Island setup we inherited a few years ago.  Tump's info is invaluable and also explains why my adopted step system couldn't keep its AGMs alive for more than 4 years. (curtail charge rate at 70% SOC?!?)   Our plan right now is to pull the Sunny Boy, replace it with a Schneider 600 v charge controller, and also either abandon auto gen start completely, or add a separate AGS controller.  We are also adding SImplifi batteries, so its not going to be happy with the SI settings anyway.

Good luck, Papa Nerd,

Ray Walters
Remote Solar
303 505-8760