Definitely have done some customer firing. My off time is extremely
valuable to me at this stage of life. If they can't follow the
instructions, it is in the contract and we part ways.

The same with
manufacturers, If they can't get me product that lasts and has built-in
quality I do not want their gear. Recently read about an Inverter that has
problems starting 3/4 HP motors and pumps. Half of my clients have 3/4 HP
120vac fire pumps up here in the Sierra. Absolutely can't lose power in an
emergency.

The picture of the system in the start of this thread was not
the worst I have seen, by a long shot!

Dave Angelini Offgrid Solar
"we
go where powerlines don't"
http://members.sti.net/offgridsolar/ [1]
e-mail
offgridso...@sti.net [2]
text 209 813 0060

On Thu, 25 Feb 2021 13:33:17
-0500, "Kirk Herander, VSE"  wrote:  And did you ever walk away from from a
longstanding PITA? I call it "firing" a customer. You took them on years
ago 'cause maybe you needed the work, or just felt sorry for them. But have
been nothing but a pain for all the reasons you mentioned. And they get
upset when you finally tell them, nicely or not, to find someone else. I've
done firings no less than 5 times in the last several years. At this late
date in my career, who needs it.

KIRK HERANDER /

OWNER|PRINCIPAL,
VT SOLAR, LLC

_CELEBRATING OUR 30TH ANNIVERSARY 1991-2021!!_

WWW.VERMONT.SOLAR [3]

dba Vermont Solar Engineering

802.863.1202

On 2/24/2021 8:28:47 PM, Hilton Dier  wrote: I'll say it again: The most
important clients are the ones you turn away. The penny pinching, pound
foolish, never satisfied, paranoid, DIY-without-asking, ear bending, time
sucking, slow paying nightmares that we have all had. The key is to see the
warning signs on the way in, a skill that comes from grim experience.

The
"can you cob this back together for $200?" job is a non starter.

Hilton
Dier III
Renewable Energy Design
Missisquoi River Hydro
LLC
Redwood Alliance

List Address: RE-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org

Change
listserver email address &
settings:

There
are two list archives for searching. When one doesn't work, try the
other:

List
rules & etiquette:

Check out or
update participant bios:
http://www.members.re-wrenches.org

Links:
------
[1] http://members.sti.net/offgridsolar/
[2]
mailto:offgridso...@sti.net
[3]
https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=www.vermontsolarnow.com&data=02%7C01%7C%7C9f0330d75a244870112408d685311841%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636842843233477645&sdata=0NjyuKeQbEK6245SNnk8X4XnP9Q%2B%2BqtvcALkdDghvk4%3D&reserved=0