William - As others have pointed out, there are all sorts of factors that
would increase or decrease energy consumption for an AC unit. I like to
refer to the Energy Star guide to get an idea of average annual energy
consumption:

https://www.energystar.gov/products/most_efficient/central_air_conditioners_and_air_source_heat_pumps

At least these numbers can be used as a reference point, and you could for
example divide the total annual energy use by the number of months you'll
be running the system to get a rough kWh/month starting estimate. Then
adjust as necessary based on your site specific situation such as a really
hot climate, home size, poor insulation, etc.

August

PS: I think you assume 12,000 Btu/hr for each ton of AC capacity, so a 5
ton AC unit would be 5 x 12,000 = 60,000 Btu/hr