My experience with microinverters is much different. Yes, there were lots
of Enphase M190 replacements. But of the 40 M215s on my roof, only one has
failed in 9 years. Each successive generation has been more reliable. I
consider the failure rate at this point totally acceptable, even for the
systems I installed 12 plus years ago. And this is in one of the most
challenging environments of Southwest Florida.

The answer to your four questions in my opinion is: Enphase, Enphase,
Enphase, and Enphase. I'll put a little asterisk with "mostly" by each one.

The promises have been largely met, with relative minor failure issues and
performance that exceeds expectations.

The products last, at least long enough so far that it's no worse than
nightmares with some other manufacturers' failure rates.

Customer service is world class, especially in relative terms. When they
had a timeliness issue they recognized it and solved it.

While there have been minor delays at times, the ease and low cost of
stocking compatible models for advance replacement allows me to provide
world class warranty support.

I have voiced my complaints about Enphase here numerous times, but on
balance I don't see anyone else doing it better.

I will admit, the roofs we work on are typically 6 in 12 or less, so micro
swaps are an easy job, more often than not with 1 person even. I'm sure
that plays a part in the decisions of my northern colleagues with steeper
roof pitches to contend with.

Jason Szumlanski
Florida Solar Design Group