Thanks for this - there is certainly demand. I could see my company buying a
3-5 per year.

Is there any estimate of timeline when these might be available?

Kevin

From: RE-wrenches <re-wrenches-boun...@lists.re-wrenches.org> On Behalf Of Dana
Orzel via RE-wrenches
Sent: June-30-22 11:02 AM
To: 'RE-wrenches' <re-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org>
Cc: Dana Orzel <d...@solarwork.com>
Subject: [RE-wrenches] WATER COOLED - 1800 RPM - 13KW GENERATORS INQUIRY

Hey now all you off grid designer/installers,

I just had a conversation with generator manufacturer (name withheld for the
moment), about 8-13KW water cooled gensets with UL & LP gas powered. I
explained that there is a long time hole in the market since Onan & Kohler
dropped their gensets for prime power in this size range.

If they made the investment to produce & UL certify a 13KW - 1800 RPM - water
cooled - 2 wire start, prime power rated - 120/240vac genset, how many off grid
systems are being installed with oversized gensets?

If this was available how many units would each of you be interested in per
year? I am not asking for a commitment just a market survey for this sized unit.

If there was 20-30 companies selling 4-5+ each per year this might be a
possibility.

Let me know either off list or on list (if this is OK ? Michael let us know) &
I hope there is a possibility here for more appropriately sized & available
gensets for our off grid client systems.
I will be passing along this research to the OE manufacturer. If you do not
want your name passed along let me know for now.

Dana Orzel                              Great Solar Works, Inc.
C - 208.721.7003
d...@solarwork.com<mailto:d...@solarwork.com>
Idaho Contractor - # 028765         Idaho PV # 028374
NABCEP # 051112-136
www.greatsolarworks.com<http://www.greatsolarworks.com/>
"Responsible Technologies for Responsible People since 1988"