I was called in to consult on a new existing 4x Fortress E flex / Schneider XWP system that worked fine open loop but never communicated with the Schneider gateway. Fortress to their credit sent a tech out and he did Fortress FW and a PC exchange. Still not working.

The owner was upset and replaced with Discover AES 42-48-6650. There was zero configuration to do which surprised the installer. Worked fine closed loop from the start.

I do not like to be negative about companies in North America and I still think Fortress could have fixed this with more time.

Dave Angelini Offgrid Solar
"we go where powerlines don't"
   [1]https://offgridsolar1.com/ [2]  [1]
e-mail  offgridso...@sti.net
text 209 813 0060

On 2024-02-14 6:46 am, Peter Giroux via RE-wrenches wrote:

Good morning my fellow wrenchers. While I see the comments on SunPower and the challenges, are any of you having similar issues with Fortress? Their bms boards from the early classics have not held up and even after replacement there are still issues ( parallel batteries and stand alone not showing accurate #'s, ). While support has been, well supportive, the issues persist. Any thoughts or fixes you have come up with?? I just had a customer unplug the coms cable from their sol-ark and bring their readings to volts VS %% and it is starting to work a bit better. Any and all help or ideas appreciated.

Thx
peter Giroux

American Solar

Norcross Ga