Yes sir

From: RE-wrenches <re-wrenches-boun...@lists.re-wrenches.org> On Behalf Of Dave
Angelini Offgrid Solar via RE-wrenches
Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2024 6:43 PM
To: RE-wrenches <re-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org>
Cc: Dave Angelini Offgrid Solar <offgridso...@sti.net>
Subject: Re: [RE-wrenches] Ideas and help please. Solar Edge nightmare

You are talking about the LG RESU10  H   right?

Dave Angelini Offgrid Solar
"we go where powerlines don't"
   <http://members.sti.net/offgridsolar/>  <https://offgridsolar1.com/>
https://offgridsolar1.com/  <http://members.sti.net/offgridsolar/>
e-mail  offgridso...@sti.net <mailto:offgridso...@sti.net>
text 209 813 0060

On 2024-07-10 3:20 pm, Peter Giroux via RE-wrenches wrote:

  Hi my fellow wrenchers, need some help with an older SolarEdge Storedge
system.  System has  14 kw solar, two 7.6 Storedge inverters and each inverter
has one LG RESU 10 battery. System was installed 6 to 7 years ago and has
worked great until the LG’s started acting up. LG replaced them and in the
interim one of the 7.6’s went down. SE replaced it. Everything has been up and
running for 12 months, SE did all the required firmware updates, batteries and
inverters when we finished replacing batteries and inverter.

  So, the problem is the system comes out of program every 3 to 5 days and
luckily my customer knows how to reengage it and reprogram the system ( total
consumption ). We have been calling SE Support for months and it hit a peak two
weeks ago. They are telling us we need shielded 600Volt CAT5 twisted pair wire
for all the comms. We have shielded cat non twisted pair, the wire they had us
install 6 years ago ( which has worked just fine. When I asked the tech do I
use one or both of a twisted pair he said just one. I asked what is the
difference from the wire we are using if you are asking us to use just one of
each twisted pair. They could not answer and when asked to get a more senior
tech they said until we had shielded cat 5 twisted pair installed we could no
longer speak with them.

  I found some 600 volt, shielded cat 5 twisted pair and installed one section,
from one inverter to it battery. Took forever to separate the twisted pair,
strip one and insert it. System is now Buggier than it was.

  The tech could not explain why the system has worked well for 6 years with
the shielded single wire and after replacing a inverter and the batteries it is
now throwing the programing, just demanded the 600 volt, cat 5 shielded wire.

  So folks, my apologies for rambling by both my customer and I are at our wits
end. We have reached out to the head of tech support but only crickets. Any and
all help or ideas appreciated.

Thx

Peter Giroux

American Solar