I think you stated the answer, use a frequency drive,  your AC source or
even DC source can charge the capacitors in the drive.
Call your local ABB drive supplier and they will tell you how to set up.
If you need 15 kW I find the drive has to be larger than 15 kW,  because
you are supplying with single phase and not 3 phase.