proposal 3:

3.  . = SPLICE = GROUP, remove SPLICE-at-the-eol rule (this helps
justify removing the SPLICE-at-the-eol: since \ at the eol has an
existing meaning in other languages, we avoid it.  Incidentally, "."
has a meaning in general western written languages: it ends sentences.
 So we could justify using it to mean "end the expression so far and
start a new expression", which is one interpretation of the
SPLICE-inline rule.)

let
  .
    a b
    c d

if
  cond foo . expr parm
  cond bar . expr parm2
  . expr parm3

define do-it-3()
  call 1 . call 2 . call 3

foo
  :foo-stuff . exp1()
  :bar-stuff . call the function

foo
  :foo-stuff
  . exp1()
  :bar-stuff
  . call the function

NB: this unfortunately conflicts with the ". as indentation whitespace
LOL AHM IN UR WHITESPACE BEING INDENTZ" proposal.  Yes, dwheeler was
trolling us about it.  But it's still.... interesting.

Sincerely,
AmkG