Hi,

This is my first post to this mailing list. It's great to see that there is
renewed activity on this project.

I've been thinking about what a indentation-sensitive lisp-like language
might look like for the last several years, although my attempts at writing
a parser haven't produced any usable results yet.

What i find most interesting about readable S-expressions is the
possibility of using a lisp-like language's REPL as an alternative to BASH
and other shell-scripting languages. There are some remarkable syntactic
similarities between shell scripting languages and
sweet-expressions-flavored LISP:

bash command/function invocation syntax:

> command arg1 arg2 arg3 ...

sweet-expression syntax:

> function arg1 arg2 arg3 ...

A traditional lisp reader could never compete with BASH for simply
executing a command because of the required surrounding parentheses-- you
can't get much simpler than a space-separated list of arguments. However,
with a sweet-expression reader, I can almost see it being useful in this
context. Of course, the neoteric-expressions wouldn't be of much use for
this, and you probably would want a global infix macro with configurable
precedence and associativity in place of the curly-infix expressions in
order to support BASH-like infix operators. But I assume there are good
reasons why having a global infix macro wouldn't work well with existing
LISP languages.

Anyway, thanks for all the effort! This is a very useful and interesting
project that i will be following closely.

Thanks,
Ben Booth