From: realxtend@googlegroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Toni
Alatalo
Sent: Monday, November 10, 2008 11:36 AM
To: realxtend@googlegroups.com
Subject: [REX] Re: Bots/NPCs

Hurliman, John kirjoitti:
> Is support for the rex authentication system incompatible with support for
> the LL auth? I'm wondering why this was kept as a fork instead of a patch for
> libomv.

depends what you mean with 'incompatible' - the process is quite
different, as Rex is using separate user/agent servers for
authentication so that it first gets a token from the user server and
then passes it on to the sim, unlike the classic LL way where the client
just sends the login request directly to the server.

i guess it could be special cased in libsl/libomv, meaning it would be a
mode / option and the login procedure would be selected based on whether
LL or Rex is used. the reason for not sending such a patch upstream was
i think just that we did not think there would have been interest for it
back then, dunno what would be the case now.

in any case i think, and did promote the idea back then too, that having
a libsl/libomv like library for making clients, 'librex' you could say,
is a nice asset to have. if it could be merged as an option in the main
tree upstream, all the better.

> John

~Toni