Mikka and Jonne and Tuco have been trying their best to track the
latest OpenSim, so with limited success we are running a fairly modern
OpenSim just fine.

However the distinction should be made between ModreX and Taiga:

ModreX is just a region module for OpenSim; reX Auth and Avatar are
needed to run Legacy 0.5. Robust has no affect on this.

Taiga is a suite that includes ModreX, OpenSim, and Cable Beach to
replace Legacy 0.5; and is a break from Legacy series.

Taiga is having problems with the latest Robust because Cable Beach is
not yet up to date to the latest; currently our OpenSim is ScienceSim,
manually patched by jhurliman. Hopefully this situation is temporary.

As for grid mode for legacy series, Mikkopa would know the most, but I
think he told me it now works well.

Cheers,