I had the same problem, but found an easier solution : take the object
in your inventory, then delete it from here. It should disappear
properly. (I have this deletion problem only for object created by
other character than the owner of the land)

Something else you have to know : you have to shut down you server
properly (using CloseStandaloneRexServer.bat is not proper at all) so
when you want to take the server down, type shutdown in the
OpenSim.exe console, then close manually authentification and avatar
storage.

Hope it helps :)

Edwige
www.armaghia.fr/DeltaLyrae6