Because i've the same problem with the blender's interface, I use 3dmax and
the free plugin
ogremax<http://www.google.es/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CBgQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ogremax.com%2F&rct=j&q=ogremax&ei=qVKCTLi1NMnT4waRnPnTCw&usg=AFQjCNGhCsMGT_SddH6Txr5qNyqtxT4dew&cad=rja>to
upload the meshes or, better, the complete scene.

Actually, in mine projects, i'm using the fbx format with
Unity3D<http://www.google.es/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CB4QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Funity3d.com%2F&rct=j&q=unity3d&ei=T1OCTPaOL8iq4Ab_8ozUCw&usg=AFQjCNGmV9YAkS7AoqarqxS54m_ToZ_ZMQ&cad=rja>.
Perhaps in the future, we can to use fbx on realxtend/Taiga too and the
problems with the meshes, textures, lights and lightmaps, would become
memories of the past.

Albert