On la, 2010-09-04 at 16:14 +0200, Gustavo Alberto Navarro Bilbao wrote:
> Actually, in mine projects, i'm using the fbx format with Unity3D.
> Perhaps in the future, we can to use fbx on realxtend/Taiga too and
> the problems with the meshes, textures, lights and lightmaps, would

Last I heard, FBX is a proprietary Autodesk format and problematic to
use in Open Source projects. IIRC one guy reverse engineered some of it
and implemented some level of support to a Blender script.

So using open specified alternatives like Collada has seemed better. We
haven't implemented Collada import yet, 'cause dotscene was simpler and
serves ok, and there are converters from Collada to Ogre mesehs. But it
has been now in the talks again -- reports and insights from you people
who know about the state of Collada interoperability (do the scenes and
materials etc. come correctly etc) would be welcome to assist in the
planning.

Of course realXtend is not limited to open source, but anyone who wants
can write closed / proprietary plugins to it too .. dunno if that would
be possible by someone licensing FBX stuff from Autodesk like Unity
perphaps did?

> Albert

~Toni