From: t...@playsign.net
Subject: Re: [realXtend] realXtend View mesh problem
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 09:11:39 +0200
To: realxtend@googlegroups.com

On Jan 11, 2011, at 1:43 PM, HW G wrote:2 Is that possible to upload a *.mesh
to OpenSim via realXtend? if so, is there any detailed instruction, like a
video on youtube. I tried it with another instruction, it failed.
I think that old instruction from Peter is correct, should work. You meantioned
drag&drop of the mesh (I guess from the inventory) to a prim. Another option,
which I've actually usually used with the old realXtend viewer, is going to the
'ReX' tab in the object properties/editing window, there is a section for the
meshes and a pulldown menu from where you can select the mesh for the selected
object. There's one gotcha: you first need to open the inventory so that the
mesh shows, and then open the object editing window -- otherwise the pulldown
won't get populated.
This doc seems to have this info for the old viewer (not Naali), unfortunately
no pictures though -- http://docs.realxtend.org/index.php/Using_3D_Models
If this doesn't work for your model, you can use the simple standalone
rexmeshtool or some other ogre model viewer to verify that it is a working Ogre
mesh. Ogre Meshy seems to be a nice modern model viewer, one artist here found
it recently and was using happily: http://www.ogre3d.org/tikiwiki/Ogre+Meshy
A future version of Naali (with the work from Tundra included) probably will
also feature simple local previews of Ogre content, actually since yesterday
(in the tundra dev branch) you can drag&drop meshes from local harddrive to the
viewer window. In Naali 0.4 you'd have to use the
make-a-dotscene-with-the-single-mesh trick that Carlos mentioned in the other
thread. With the old realXtend viewer you can only see meshes after they've
been uploaded to the server.
~Toni