Thanks Antti and Toni for lifting the clouds over my head a bit and for not
getting me wrong. :-)

But wasnt referring about sculpties and megaregions, as they are to me just
sort of patches. With 3d meshes the sculpties will be well obsolete and the
megaregions are not necessary, if the region size simply could be set
bigger, like you demonstrated in the 1km by 1km region.

I understand well that there are a few different goals and ideas, given by
all the possibilities you made available with the naali+tundra+taiga
framework. Also the way tundra works in a standalone mode on the desktop is
a very promissing approach that opens up some nice possibilities (First time
I imagined about how cool it could be to have a 3d desktop was about back in
1992).

About taiga I was also thinking that WIFI might come in handy, though it
seems to be made for opensim 0.7.2 AFAIK, so I didnt try that out yet as
taiga still is based on opensim 0.6.9 RC1. I seen that mikko p started with
0.7.2
and guess that WIFI should relatively easy work then for starters. But as
you mentioned, obviously tundra seems to be a better choice for some apps.
Are there any recommendations or guidelines of how to implement
authentication for a multi online user environment ?

Maybe I missed out on something that is allready available in
naali/tundra/tundra: how could I set up a portal to go from one region to
another without using ether? Similar the way it is done in open cobalt or
open wonderland?

Anyhow - realxtend is an interesting project, well worth watching :-)

Cheers

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 1:58 PM, Toni Alatalo <t...@playsign.net> wrote:d i