On to, 2010-12-16 at 13:06 +0200, Toni Alatalo wrote:
> on it's way to upcoming releases,
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--05uUS1U78

I completed the example now in the sense that now there are 3 cameras in
the scene, focusing on separate objects, and you can switch between
those cams and the freecam using big inworld buttons next to the display
plane: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmF1KV5P1tE

The updated scene is in
https://github.com/realXtend/naali/tree/tundra/bin/scenes/RenderToTexture ,
logic to make the buttons and do the switching is in rttdisplay.js there.

We need this in a app that's being made with Tundra. The c++ side EC for
this is in Naali 0.4.0 release too, I'm actually not sure if the same js
would work when running in a Taiga world .. it's all client side
anyways. Can test at some point if there is popular demand, or anyone
out there is free to give a shot of course.

Actually it's still incomplete in the sense that the 'tv channel' change
is not synced to different clients, will be simple to add either with
Entity-Actions or a custom Entity-Component (DynamicComponent) that has
the current source camera name as an attribute. Will do that soonish. Of
course in some use cases it can be also nice that the cam choice is
personal.

~Toni