On Sat, 2011-05-28 at 02:54 -0700, sutida rattasampan wrote:
> Now I'm using
> - Taiga server 0.2.0
> - Naali viewer : 0.3.4.1
> And I want to implement my own virtual world as area of E-learning,
> users are able to enter my world, then they perform learning activities.

Have you tried out the public demo server via www.realxtend.org ?
It is running on Tundra (i.e. newer Naali which doesn't need
Taiga/Opensim).

The functionality there is actually from a e-learning system, as
mentioned in this blog post:
http://realxtend.wordpress.com/2011/05/14/simple-world-authoring-tools/

Quote: "These tools were created last year in the TOY project, the
virtual learning environment made for the Finnish school of the future
project. But are also just simple generic basics meant for any reX use.
Full TOY has been in use in some schools in Oulu, running on Taiga. Full
information about that school project and this demo world is in this
paper that Pasi is presenting that now at the immersive education summit
in Boston: http://www.realxtend.org/download/toy_en.pdf";

Now the demo features about 1/3rd of the tools described in that PDF,
the ones that have been ported to Tundra so far .. the library stuff
should be coming soon.

> 1. How to change default gender from male to female ?
> - When I create new user, It's always male avatar. How can i change
> it ?

In that demo the login screen has avatar selection.

> 2. I cannot do the "touch event" on prim (left mouse click)
> - Because I want to embed script on prim, says open new web browser
> when user touch that prim.
> But when I left click, it returns nothing. However my mouse can left
> click on other buttons in the world.
> (I've read that Naali viewer cannot put script on prim (Isn't it ?),
> but at least I want to perform Touch event)

Naali does send touch events, but yes it doesn't have a GUI for doing
LSL.

All realXtend developers are using Javascript for such application logic
now, we've basically never used LSL with reX. The Tundra demo scenes
contain scripting examples, for example the render-to-texture one has 3
buttons (in-world objects) that can be clicked to switch the camera used
for the display.

If you want to use Naali as the viewer for end users, but use LSL for
doing logic, you must currently use some other tool like the old
slviewer based rexviewer for it.

But if I were you, would seriously consider hopping on the Tundra+TOY in
Javascript bandwagon.

> 3. How to import texture to .mesh obejct ?
> - I use Google sketchup 8 to model object, then export to .mesh via
> Orge mesh export. And I already have .mesh and .material in folder.
> And I already import .mesh into my world. But I dont know how to
> import texture. Could you suggest me the solution?

In Tundra it's just drag&drop of the mesh to world. It finds the
associated material and textures etc. automatically from the same
folder.

~Toni