On Tue, 2012-03-13 at 06:39 -0700, Vik wrote:
> About my use case... I just started to look at your platform, and
> first place where Python script will be useful it is on server part
> for validate username/password looking in MySQL for example... As I

Right - I actually did that with tundra1, authentication against
simiangrid (which is a apache+php+mysql thing for having user accounts
and info about them and world regions etc) in Python with xmlrpc,
https://github.com/realXtend/naali/blob/tundra/bin/pymodules/simiangrid/auth.py

That's exactly the sort of thing i meant with 'system integrations',
integrations to authentication, group, project management etc things.
Server side, where it is not a problem that it is trusted installed code
(javascript is good in the client side for downloaded code which is
executed in a sandbox).

> understand, this is not possible to use Javascript for that...

One thing to note there is that the Tundra JS environment is not limited
like the one in browsers -- just the programming language is the same,
but the API is different. In Tundra you have all of Qt + the Tundra API,
and for Qt there is the SQL extension which perhaps works for DB
connections etc nicely too. But still Python is more common in general
for such things (e.g. web backends with databases) and has lots of nice
libraries etc for that.

> Vik

~Toni