On Tue, 2012-03-13 at 06:16 -0700, Vik wrote:
> pick websocket branch and rebuild Tundra.
> As about looking to generic solution for boost ptr to raw ptr, I don't
> think I can be helpful.

I managed to add ScenePtr.get() to the Python API, so that instead of
having the old *Raw() variants of all sorts of getters, this now works
instead:

scene = sceneapi.GetScene(name).get() #get() for boost -> normal pointer

I did not find a way to do the conversion automatically. Also I failed
to just add a generic exposing for all boost pointers, as qt slots can't
be templates etc., but that does not matter as we can just add EntityPtr
and ComponentPtr and the not-too-many other necessary ones separately.

Commit is in websocket branch and the websocket server now uses that
style to get the scene. I didn't remove the GetSceneRaw etc. yet as
other places are using it, but if we find that this add-extra-.get() is
an ok solution I can add that for the different types and make codes use
it. And put that to mainline so it comes to releases etc.

Commit is
https://github.com/realXtend/naali/commit/e72cb827c7fcbaee27b8258e616ee7bd2835fbd7
 .. it has also the failed generic attempt commented out, in case someone has
clever ideas for it.

BTW we have a separate realxtend-dev list here for programming topics, I
suggest possible continuation of this and other deep code talks move
there.

> Vik

~Toni