Shame he didn't get the full client to work. At the end of the days we were
quite pleased how few actually problems with the Tundra client. The bulk of
those were lower end macs like older version macbook airs and mac minis. On
the windows side im not sure if I remember any issues running it, but as he
mentions there directx he surely had problems on windows.

If he still wants to try it, maybe he could post and describe here how it
was not working and what happened. Him saying its a firewall issue seems
weird to me if he was visiting from home, from company offices where UDP
might be restricted on other than some widely used ports it is quite likely
(this has been reported many times from Nokia folks etc.). I assume he got
the viewer up from the portal login if he suspected firewall issues. The F1
console log at least shows you if it tried connecting :)

Happy to see some SL/OS people giving it a try. I actually talked to
multiple during the event inworld.

Btw. I'm not sure if this will kill his/your enthusiasm on the thing, but
the flash based client was not actually connected to a Tundra server (not
the same ones where Tundra clients connected, or to its own). It did share
the scene, assets and the data that populated the scene with the actual
Tundra world. Connecting to a Tundra server is quite easily doable though,
as that flash thing can do (afaik) raw UDP connections. It was just no in
scope of this particular project to implement the protocol etc. to the
flash one. Playsign (who made the browser part) have already done webgl
clients that connected to an actual Tundra server via websockets and have
avatars mixed in with "full" Tundra clients in the scene. Hopefully I'm not
talking too much out of my ass here, Toni can correct me if I misspoke :)

Best regards,
Jonne Nauha
Adminotech developer