On May 9, 2012, at 2:49 AM, Lord wrote:
> I, for one, was pleasantly surprised at how well the browser based viewer
> worked..although I didn't quite understand the eyeballs thing.

The eyeball is just a mesh+texture for the avatar that the customer thought
that might be nice :)

It does fit the tech/config where the movements are largely automatic, e.g. the
autofly from a picture to another -- an animated human avatar with legs would
have been more work to make look ok for such autowalks (I think still quite
easily doable for ok non-perfect level).

Also one dilemma is that we wanted to show the avatars in front of the art
pieces that they are looking at, so that everyone can see who else is looking
at the same piece. But we also wanted that the viewing angle is direct, to not
obstruct the view of the art pic itself. This means that full-sized human
avatars would block the view. Options are to make the human dwarfs, or scale up
the gallery so that it looks like it's for giants -- or this kind of smaller
non-human avatars which don't block the view.

BTW you can click on the art pic you are at to zoom close to it and get a clear
view -- it hides the UI and the avatars, and the textures are 2k also in the
Flash version so should be ok quality to view.

About tablets -- there's a quite common missunderstandin there: the Flash tech
does run on iOS and Android phones and tablets, in fact we have been testing
this same gallery application on iPhone and iPad. It just called Adobe AIR in
that case, and gives installable apps instead of loading with a browser like
with desktop OSes.

One idea is to make little a generic realXtend open source demo using the tech
from that project, we could perhaps put that app then to appstore etc. too so
that people will try also with phones & tablets.

Thanks for testing and reporting!
~Toni