Howdy, Chris:

  [ . . . ]

> If you read the blurb on the RT site you'll realise it's not
> aimed at developers, or even end users for that matter. It's
> aimed at managers, pen-pushers and admin people who pay more
> attention to how many buzzwords there are in a sentance than
> the specifications of the product.

  That blurb may be aimed at those people (people who pay for
  software).  But that doesn't mean REBOL is necessarily aimed
  that way!  RT loves happy, healthy, productive, and faithful
  developerz!!  (-: To that end we're working on getting out
  another CORE release here very shortly.  ETA: an epsilon + a
  delta added to a fractional portion of a short while.

  This next CORE release has so many gazillion fixes and
  improvements over 2.3-- it ain't even funny.

  [ . . . ]

> There are sound   business reasons for expiration dates  in
> beta software.  IMO  the big "problem" is   that  RT are so
> careful in  releasing  fairly  well  programmed betas  that
> people  forget that  they are testing  incomplete, possibly
> buggy code rather than the finished product.

  Well said.  We also need to make some changes between these
  betas that break scripts occasionally.  We usually only do
  this in the interests of elegance, longevity, and that sort
  of thing, but it's still been an important option for us to
  keep open.  Hence the "experimental" title of our betas.

  We probably won't have a new VIEW to release by the beta
  expiry of the current view, so we'll do as we have twice
  before and renew the expiration of the binaries on the
  experimental page, have people redownload their REBOL, with
  many thank-yous to everyone for their enduring patience.

  Believe me, we want to release software, but we really don't
  want to release stuff that's not polished to a superior
  perfection.

  -jeff